New Year, New Me, New Place

Friday, January 09, 2015


Photographed by Marcus Annable // Chihuly Garden and Glass


HAIR :: Robert Leonard Salon & Spa - Stylist • Shane | Service Director • Paul
TOP :: ASOS coat, H&M sweater (adore this & this)
BOTTOM :: c/o Now I Style (Japanese brand, similar here & here)
SHOES :: JustFab (old, adore this)
BAG :: H&M
ACCESSORIES :: Forever 21 glasses, H&M earrings


_________


Hi LOVEs!!!! I hope your 2015 has gotten off to a great start so far! ;)
Looking back at my 2014, it was a full of new adventures and opportunities with a lot of happiness and laughter. Yet at the same time, I have to say, it was one of the most challenging, struggling and tough years of my life. Don't take it as negative mood, though because I am totally thankful for those times since they absolutely made myself stronger and more courageous every time I encountered. My greatest mentor always says: "Unless you struggle, you cannot become truly strong. Those who fight hard during their youth will have nothing to fear when the time comes to put the finishing touches on their lives. They will possess a great state of life that towers strong and unshakeable."  

However, when you keep having tough times over and over, you are naturally stressed out and easily get discouraged and less motivated. The few last weeks of my 2014 was just like that. I knew I REALLY needed a BIG change and get super inspired to make me happier so that I was ready for a new year with fresh and clear mind! Who in the world would like to welcome new years filled with despairing feelings?!
  So I grabbed my phone and made an appointment at Robert Leonard Salon & Spa! For the longest time, I'd been dying to try platinum blond or silver, yet I always ended up not being able to since my hair had gotten damaged so badly. To be able to fix that and have healthy hair back again, I started using Moroccan Oil products. (I am thinking to blog soon about my hair/the hair products I've been using!) That has really helped my hair so much, and when I told my amazingly talented hairstylist, Shane, about what color I wanted to achieve, he said "Oh you will look gorgeous on that color! :D (I took that as a BIG YES!!)

To be truly honest with you and to my surprise, it was more than "extremely" painful process that I've ever had as dying my hair! I could feel the burns and torturous pain on my scalps and had to endure it 4 times... I wasn't even able to smile AT ALL. But, I seriously couldn't be any happier when I met a new me with this crazy silver/blond hair! I felt as if I am looking at a different person, and the color was definitely worth the pain! I actually would never imagine I could ever have pulled off this color! My dream came true right before the new year hit on the grand! I can't thank you enough to Shane! He always, ALWAYS gives a dreamy magic on my hair!!!!

Right after that, I called my friend as well as my current photographer, Marcus, because I wanted to show my oh-so pretty new hair to someone and couldn't help wanting to photograph it! We made a conclusion of strolling where we both never been, and we ended up checking out Chihuly Glass and Garden!
It was one of the most amazing places with tons of inspirations! It was such a magical place to me, and all his works completely blew me away. I felt like I was lost in one of the fairy tales. As I was going inside further, I sensed something inside of myself was reinventing, and when I exited the museum, there was outside exhibition as well. That's where I felt so free at last! You saw the pictures above, but they can't do any justice to the beauty of the place! If you live in Seattle or have a chance to visit the city, you should definitely check them out!
I am so grateful to revive myself right before ringing in the new year with a positive will and motivation! If you still feel gloomy inside yourself even after the new year, why don't you book a salon appointment now and change your hairstyle/color or get cozy and check out a place you've never been to? It might help you somehow ;)

Thanks a lot for reading this long post!! Much appreciated 


_________


Thank you for reading!!!!
XOXO


☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ - STAY FASHiONABLE, STAY UNiQUE - ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆

You Might Also Like

4 fashionable comments

  1. I absolutely love the Chihuly glass museum, the art is so pretty there! You should definitely do a post on the hair products you use because my hair is soo damaged :(

    http://mrmichell.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love for reading this LONGEST blog! :)
      I am so glad we stopped by the museum! I can't wait to go back again!!!!

      Okay ;) I will be working on it then! thanks for the feedback ;-*

      xo
      AikA♡

      ★BLOG★
      ★INSTAGRAM★
      ★FACEBOOK★

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for your fresh new year start! I'm planning on making my new year better and happier, cause the previous one sucked so bad!!!
    And hello new you! Not talking about just the hair, but the flat shoes too! :D Love the blonde so much, you're gorgeous! I used to be blonde years ago and yes the dye stings a little >.< Btw, love the sweater too, so fluffy ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *